Smaller companies are sometimes caught in a dilemma – whether to invest in a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software. Our recommendation as such…
Scenario: You currently use spreadsheets as your Contact Manager.
Consider moving it onto a wiki as it can offer very useful features:
- consistent format thru page templates
- searchable even into attached external docs
- dashboard reports e.g. sales pipeline, salesperson activity log
Scenario: You plan to use a sophisticated CRM within 6 months.
Consider a full-fledged CRM software with all the fancy features (below) built-in and deployable out-of-the-box.
- Integration to accounting/customer ledger
- Email blasting with subscription analytics
- Online customer self-service with order tracking
So before you are ready for a fully integrated CRM software, you can always rely on your wiki to manage and retain important “intelligence” on your leads, prospects, clients and even business competition.
Knowing your prospects: Who they are? What their needs are? Will certainly help increase chances in closing the deal. Find out more on Akeles Opportunity Management plugin.